Blog Content and Article Marketing Are The Lifeblood of Website Traffic

I am sure you have heard the saying, “If you don’t like the heat, get out of the kitchen.” If you are marketing a business online, you better either like to write or be prepared to hire someone to write for you.

I would say that 75% of a website’s success revolves around creating content, writing articles, sales copy and ad copy. The other 25% is building quality inbound links and social marketing (both of which require content to link to).

Consider this, the internet is nothing but a billion or two web pages. Every web page contains some form of content. People use search engines to find….content. People follow links to find….yep, you guessed it…content! So why in the world would you think you can possibly make any money online unless you are willing to create content?

Time and time again I have people contacting me to help them be more successful online but when I tell them they need to write articles, create Web 2.0 pages or add a blog to their website that they need to update regularly, I often get the response “I am no good at writing or do not have the time or desire to create content. I want a set and forget system.”

This is like saying, “I want to build a house but I hate using tools.” Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

If it really is true that you do not enjoy writing then you absolutely have to hire a ghostwriter or content specialist. There is no way around it. You will never be able to get traffic to your website and make sales any other way.

At one time, you could get away with writing one article and then re-publishing it or re-purposing it with an article spinner or even just scraping other sites for RSS feeds or auto-content. With the new Google algorithm, that is a thing of the past. You can’t get away with duplicate content anymore and expect to succeed. I don’t care what the “gurus” tell you.

There are no substitutes or shortcuts that will eliminate work when it comes to creating a successful business online.

If you do a Google search for the best sites within your market, chances are you will see sites full of well-written articles, blog posts and information. The most successful sites will have organic content in abundance. This is how they have become an authority site worthy of the top spot in the search engine.

If it is your aim to rise to the top, then you better start writing!

Leave a Comment